Please find below our school information report and Shropshire local offer website link:
School Information Report
At Haughmond Federation we believe that:
- All children should be valued regardless of their abilities or difficulties
- All children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
- All teachers are teachers of children with SEND
- All children can be enabled to fulfill their potential through effective teaching and learning, supporting and encouraging
- effective assessment and provision for children with SEND will be secured with partnership with parents/carers, children, the Local Education Authority and any relevant outside agencies
- The SEND section of this website contains information about SEND and some of the many ways in which we seek to fulfill our responsibilities to those children who may need support during their time with us.
What do we mean by the term Special Educational Needs?
Definition of Special Educational Needs from the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice: for 0-25 years (2014)
A child or young person has SEND if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:
- Have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age; or
- Have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions.
Mrs Baines-Price is our SENCO. She can be contacted via email at email@example.com or by ringing either school directly
SEND Areas of Need:
The 2014 SEND Code of Practice outlines four areas of special educational need that include a range of difficulties and conditions:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental health
- Sensory and/or physical needs
By clicking on each of the areas above you will be taken to the pages that give examples of these area of need with descriptions and links to suggested websites for gaining more information.
Please find the following link very useful:
The code states that:
"Many children and young people have difficulties that fit clearly into one of these areas; some have needs that span two or more areas; for others the precise nature of their need may not be clear at the outset.”